Thursday, October 6, 2011

Introduction


“We are the bees of the invisible.  We wildly collect the honey of the visible,
to store it in the great golden hive of the invisible.”  Rainer Marie Rilke

In this blog, I will explore the idea of the spiritual and what it means, or can mean, within the context of a naturalistic paradigm.  There are a lot of people exploring this same area, so what can I offer that is different?  I have found that those working this area who emphasize naturalism, tend to provide a rather shallow notion of the spiritual, and those who emphasize the spiritual, tend to not be very scientific. What I hope to offer here is a notion of naturalistic spirituality with some depth, yet that does not come in conflict with our best knowledge of the world.  You'll have to be the judge of whether or not I succeed.

2 comments:

  1. We must succeed. It is the young that will understand.
    I think maybe the older people undestand but most have a lifetime invested in religious dogma. That makes it hard for them to accept.
    We must fight the radicals with logic, and the others with love.
    This generation must start to govern with reason not religion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent goals, which we need desperately. I look forward to being challenged here!

    ReplyDelete